Gift this class
Learn How To Draw - A Beginner's Guide
A fun, thorough, easy to follow, open level, 2 hour drawing class held with Brisbane based illustrator, Penelope Bell. Aimed at beginners, this class is a hands on tutorial in basic drawing techniques and composition.
This is a is an open-level 4 week course which suits those beginning their illustration journey or anyone who requires a recap on previous illustration skills. During the 4 sessions you will learn the fundamentals of drawing techniques and sound methodology to enable you to learn quickly and confidently transfer the skills for all future drawing.
You will learn how to draw a variety of different subjects including household items, still life's, animals and figures. If nothing else, you will learn how to switch your mind off from the noise of the day, experiencing a relaxing 2 hour class of mindfulness! Participants will be encouraged to observe, compose, draw and render their own, individual masterpiece based on the skills taught. The classes are for any adult artistic skill level.
Take your Illustration skills to the next level by creating your own unique images.
Note: Please see the list of materials to bring (below).
Some light refreshments and nibbles will be offered and friendly conversation is encouraged!
- Drawing skills
- Artwork composition
- Hand rendering techniques and skills
- Participants will go home with their own hand drawn original artworks and the skills to for all future drawing
- Written notes from the workshop to take home
- Tuition and guidance from a professional illustrator
Parking in Newstead can be a challenge. Please leave plenty of time to find a park within the area. There is paid parking on the street as well as Gasworks car park.
- 1 x A3 Waterproof Document Wallet, HB, 2B pencil, eraser, Faber Castell coloured pencils (not watercolour pencils), 0.1 and 0.2 Calligraphy Pen (Black), 0.4, 0.2, 0.1 Artline Pen (black), COPIC markers ("0" colourless blender, flesh tone (suggest Barley Beige E31), Cool grey #2 and #4; other colours optional, A3 Drawing Cartridge Paper pad. A3 Bleedproof Marker Pad 70gsm, All other materials needed will be advised of from week to week, these include items like coloured paper, scissors, glue ect.
Casual clothing (Warning: This might get messy), closed in shoes
Beginners (16 years +)
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds.
If cancellation is within 7 days of the class, you can reschedule to another class (if available) of the same value within 6 months. If Cancellation is less than 7 days notice you can rebook at 50% fee for another class (if available) within 6 months.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a refunds.
If cancellation is within 7 days of the class, you can reschedule to another class of the same value within 12 months. If Cancellation is less than 7 days notice you can rebook at 50% fee for another class within 12 months.